As a kid who grew up in the private school system, I heard a lot about peter pan collars when it came time to shop for new uniforms. I spent much of my childhood in a crisp white peter pan collar shirt worn under a stylin’ plaid jumper. I never really knew what “peter pan collar” meant, but it sounded alright to me since I loved the Disney movie Peter Pan. Who knew that years later, the peter pan collar would be back in action in fall collections everywhere! Here are a few of my favorites so far.
1. This blouse from ASOS is just perfect to throw on with a skirt or with trousers for a polished look! I love the detailing around the buttons, and the classic peter pan collar reminds me (in a good way) of the school uniforms I once wore.
2. I really like that the gathered waist on this Anthropologie silk blouse creates a peplum-like shape on the bottom, making it the perfect top to wear with a fitted skirt. Bonus points for the playful penguin print and bright colors that turn the “proper” collar on its head.
3. I’m really restraining myself from snapping up this vintage 1950s collar necklace from Etsy. The shape is so cute, and it would look perfect with a structured black top or a pretty silk dress.
4. A little leopard goes a long way on this Sandro dress! It’s perfect for everyday wear, but the saucy leopard collar elevates this otherwise plain black dress to something a little more special!
5. I love this take on the classic tuxedo shirt by Zara. Nothing looks more crisp and polished than a black and white contrast button down, and the sweet little collar (it’s detachable too!) just solidifies the look.